Saturday, August 4, 2012

Interview with Colt & Leah


COLTONRodeo Cowboy 


Sara: What is your greatest accomplishment?

Colt: Hell, there’ve been quite a few. Maybe qualifying for the world championships four years running. Then there was the year I took five all-arounds in just two months. No, wait, my greatest accomplishment has to be  winning my Dodge Truck this spring at the National Circuit Finals. Have you seen my truck? It’s a real beauty.

Leah: My greatest accomplishment is helping Colt stuff his head inside his cowboy hat every morning.

Sara: What do you most enjoy about rodeo?

Colt: Is there anything not to enjoy about rodeo?

Leah: What about rain, Colt?

Colt: You’re right, honey. Rain really sucks. You’re not too fond of it either, are you?

Leah: Especially not flash floods. (She shudders)


Sara: If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

Colt: Silence.

Leah: I’d regret my first marriage, but if I hadn’t married Jackson then I wouldn’t have my incredible kids Jill and Davey.

Colt: I regret not stepping up to my responsibilities right from the get-go. There are lost years that I will never get back.
Colt & Leah

Sara: What is your most treasured possession?

Colt: If we’re talking things and not people, I’d have to say my truck.

Leah: I’m pretty fond of Colt’s truck, too. Just kidding! Jill and Davey’s baby pictures beat out that hunk of metal any day.

Sara: What do you dream of?

Colt: Building Leah a house where we can raise our children and grow old together.

Leah: Growing old with Colt. Being with him every day, if possible.


Sara: If you could change one thing about your family what would it be?

Colt: It would sure be nice if my older brother Ace could become my younger brother. I’d like to try ordering him around for a decade or two.

Leah: I wish my Mom and I had talked more, about the things in life that really matter. On the other hand, I probably wasn’t ready to listen to her until I’d grown up and had children of my own.

Sara: What was the most serendipitous moment of your life?

Colt: When I walked into the Open Range Saloon this spring and saw the love of my life sitting right there on the bar stool.

Leah: Yes. That was a good moment, all right.

(They Kiss...)


No comments:

Post a Comment